The Most Valuable Tools of the Information Age
Modern day wireless and information technologies are the tools of the 21st century that empower. The Internet connects people, communities, and nations to enable progress like never before in history.
Without equal access and knowledge of how to utilize these tools social and economic divides widen, and widen quickly. When this happens, families, communities and nations are weakened.
Standing up for (4) Good (G) Community means putting service for the greater good above self. It's a creed heroes live by. It's a creed we all should live by. Service is not about ensuring equal access to these tools for a select few. Service is about making sure no man, woman, or child is left behind. We move forward together.
Tool 1 - Mobile Connectivity. A Hotspot for Internet Access.
A Mobile Hotspot allows you to connect multiple WiFi-enabled devices simultaneously to the Internet. This includes smartphones, laptops, tablets, smart TVs, and more. Because it is a mobile wireless router, it offers the utmost flexibility to connect your WiFi devices either in your home, office, classroom, dorm room, or on the go across the U.S.A, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
It's easy to connect devices without WiFi too. Connect a desktop PC using a USB adapter. The premium and select membership devices will connect directly via USB. Or, you can use one of our simple adapters to convert the WiFi signals to traditional wired Ethernet.
To view the technical data sheet of the current Mobile Hotspot equipment we provide click here for the Franklin R850 included with basic memberships, or click here for the ZTE Warp Connect, included with select memberships. The ZTE Pocket WiFi Mobile Hotspot pictured above is available with premium membership bundles. Click here for its user guide.
Tool 2 - Worry-free Access. The Wireless Service Plan.
With your membership, there is one plan available for wireless Internet access, and it's the only one you'll ever need. There is no throttling or overage charges. Never worry about the amount of data you'll need or use.
Basic, Select and Premium membership bundles use the same plan. However, Premium bundles provide connectivity across 3G, 4G LTE, and 4G Plus networks. Select provide connectivity across 4G LTE and 4G Plus. Basic bundles only provide connectivity across the 4G LTE network. There is no off-network roaming or international use with the plan.
So, what about speed? Connectivity speeds will vary with wireless networks based on many factors. Some you can control. Others you cannot.
Here is an overview of the average connectivity speeds the various network options provide.
- 3G provides 2 to 3 Mbps download and 1 to 2 Mbps upload. It is sometimes faster and sometimes slower.
- 4G LTE provides 6 to 10 Mbps download and 2 to 5 Mbps upload. Again, it is sometimes much faster and sometimes slower. Members have seen speeds above 10 Mbps with standard 4G LTE. Sometimes as high as 20 Mbps. However, it is not the norm and should not be routinely expected.
- 4G Plus provides 12 to 20 Mbps download and 5 to 7 Mbps upload. Again, it is sometimes much faster and sometimes slower. Members have seen speeds above 50 Mbps in some areas. However, it is not the norm and should not be expected. Just enjoy the moment and smile when it does happen.
(Note: It is important you understand that every technology does have its limitations. You can't expect the same from wireless networks that you expect from fiber optic networks, and vice versa. There are pros and cons to all options. We will gladly take time to explain them and review potential impacts to your needs.)
Tool 3 - Mobile Network Coverage.
More than 300 million people across the U.S. and its territories are covered. To see if you live within the network coverage area just click on the button below. It will take you to the interactive coverage map of Sprint Spectrum. Their latest technology and networks enable the service. Here are the steps to follow to get the most accurate information possible from the map.
- Be sure to look at the data only tab for your address.
- Next, there is a drop down bar on the right to select the type of data network coverage you want to see.
- Start by looking at 4G LTE coverage from the list. If you are considering Premium bundles you can also look at 3G and 4G Plus coverage.
- 4G LTE coverage will be shown in yellow on the map.
- You want to be sure there is solid yellow around your address.
Call us if you have any questions. We will be happy to confirm network coverage for you.
Tool 4 - It's You. Are You Ready to Get Started?
If you are ready to join 4GCommunity.org, please go to the Community Store page of this website, or just click the button below. There, you'll get started by selecting your initial membership bundle. It's as simple as that and you're ready to go. After joining 4GCommunity.org, your welcome package and device will arrive within 7 business days. For questions about participating write us an email or call 1-800-217-3048.